Sunday, July 4, 2010

SWEET SUCCESS

In the last few weeks I have been talking to several Seniors in the community, enquiring about their health, asking them how their health has been in the last few years. I've been astonished, and truthfully, quite shocked to know that out there in the community, there is a majority of seniors who are diabetic. Some of them are just entering their senior years—just turned sixty-five. Others, well into the eighties. Some are able to control their Diabetes through their diet, but many are confined to a wheelchair, or almost there. What are we doing as a country to prevent this? What can we do as a community to control this condition? What can we do as an individual?

I have decided to veer the course of my blog toward a personal goal, of what I can do as an individual to make a difference not only to myself, but to a community of readers who might be coming across my blog. I can only hope this will bring in some good communication where each can teach ways of keeping diabetes at bay. Fighting Diabetes by eating right, eating light, and eating smart. So much for sweet success!

No comments:

Post a Comment